Sunday, May 25, 2014

Introduction

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, history is a "tale, story, chronological record of significant events, a treatise presenting systematically related natural phenomena, an established record, a branch of knowledge that records and explains past events, events of the past."

Here, I will write about all sorts of history. The posts will be sporadic, since I am also a student and a job apart from historical research.

Sometimes, the events/people will be very well-known already, such as the signing of the Magna Carta, and others will not be, such as the life of Calvin Graham. Please remember that some parts of history are not appropriate for all ages. If I am writing about a topic that may be scary or not child-appropriate, I will put in a note at the beginning giving a warning. However, some posts will be for children, especially stories about honorable men and women.

I'll also add different odds and ends, like links and book suggestions, onto different pages. Have fun exploring!

For questions and comments, email recorderofthepast@gmail.com and I will respond as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment